Lancair Evolution Builders Assistance Project--JW(click on pictures to enlarge)
Our First Lancair Evolution N216JC Completes Flight Testing!
We started our first Lancair Evolution Turbine (http://www.lancair.com) professional builders assistance project with our customer JW in 2011. After working closely with JW on all build aspects of the Lancair Evolution Turbine, first flight took place just prior to the end of 2011. Flight testing was immediately conducted to verify proper flying characteristics and a complete checkout of systems (ex: pressurization, environmental, hydraulic, avionics, etc.) As required by the FAA, 40 hours of flight testing were completed and the final airworthiness certificate issued during the spring of 2012.
Some of the key areas Performance One Aviation accomplished to bring this highly capable aircraft to flight status includes the following:
- Bodywork and Primer to the Stage that the Aircraft can be Painted
- Installation of a complete Garmin G900X Avionics Package and Lancair EFC900X Instrument Panel
- Aircraft Leather Interior Installation through Arizona Aircraft Interior Designs (http://www.azaircraftinteriors.com)
- First Flight Pre-Inspection
- Maintenance Program Authoring and Aircraft Certification through the FAA
- Flight Testing and Pre-Delivery Finish Work